Saturday, July 3, 2010

Books, Books, Books



"Are you listening to me?"












Look at his paw!


As I was getting ready for the adventures of the day Charlotte really wanted me to read to her. Since Jimmy made sure to read to her every day since she was a few weeks old she has developed a love for books. Her favorite book by far is How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? (I know it should be underlined but I can't figure out how to.) Alex and Evan also gave her this book. She really loves dinosaurs. Nicole even bought her Rex from Toy Story 3 after we saw the movie and she carries him all around and roars! I'm pretty sure that was her first animal sound she knew. I would say she is a pretty well-rounded kid. She carries her dinosaur around while wearing sparkly necklaces and princess shoes. I try to expose her to everything and she makes her own choices on what to play with. I'm glad she is not a child who only plays with gender appropriate toys. Well, after reading the book twice to her I told her I needed to finish getting ready. So she looked around for someone else to read with and who did she find....Smokey! Poor guy again! She snuggled right up to him and started reading to him. At one point she even lifted his ear to see if he was even listening and put his paw on each page. Bandit decided to sit across the room on the other bed and watch. Who knows! Maybe Bandit really wanted to hear the dinosaur story too!

3 comments:

  1. That Dinosaur book was one of Evan and Alex's favorite books too! Each time the book asks a question they would shake their heads "NOOOOOOO". Glad Charlie loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...What a great friend to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could that little sweet pea (I'm talking about Smokey) ruin the sandbox? It was so Bandit...he is still my favorite though!

    ReplyDelete