When I read Nicole's blog about Adelyn putting money into her piggy bank and saw those pictures of her looking to see where the money went I knew I wanted to have the same experience with Charlie. I was waiting to introduce the piggy bank to Charlie until she had some kind of interest in money so I could hopefully get the same reaction from her as Adelyn did for Nicole. Well, every time she finds coins she says, "Money" so I thought she was ready. Also, our friend Kevin (who we met at the river and ended up living in Brea) gave her a piggy bank for her half birthday so the timing was perfect. (She has other piggy banks because I happen to love pigs but that was the first one given specially to her.) I gave her the money and the bank and she knew exactly what to do. Maybe that is because she has a play piggy bank with big plastic coins that she has practiced with. Every time she successfully got a coin in she clapped. When all the coins were gone she said, "More more" and did the hand signal for more that she learned before she could speak. I told her that was all we had. She was disappointed and so was I because she didn't even look where the money was...she just wanted more. I guess that is the difference between Adelyn and Charlie! So I asked Charlotte where the money went and then I almost got the moment I was waiting for. She first looked and was distracted because she discovered the nose. Then she looked again and looked under the pig and around the pig. As she was going to pick up the pig I saved it! It was a cute moment. Thanks Kevin for the piggy bank. It will be put to good use.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your pics are just as cute!
ReplyDelete