Auntie Darlene is Charlie's favorite person in the whole world!
Jim, Jim and Jim!
Today we went to a Flores Family Reunion at Irvine Regional Park. I was excited to see what family reunions are all about because I had never been to one before. I guess Jimmy used to have these events when he was younger but they hadn't had one in years. Jimmy thinks the last time he saw these people he was 13 or so. When we arrived there were even signs posted "Flores" to guide us to the right section. So organized - I was impressed! There were around 60 people who attended ranging from 88 years old (Jimmy's grandpa) to 18 months old (Charlie). It was pretty amazing. I was going to attempt to write out the family tree right now but it is practically impossible without actually drawing a tree! At the reunion they started a poster but it wasn't finished. The reunion included Jimmy's grandpa and his 5 siblings' families. I definitely know where Charlie gets her curly hair from. There was a little girl named Jayden there that looked a lot like Charlie with the same hair. It's definitely a Flores trait! Jayden is related to Charlie because she is Jimmy's dad's cousin's kid. This sounds weird if you think about it but Jimmy's dad's cousin's mom is Jimmy's grandpa's youngest sister and Jayden's dad must have had her late in life! And to top it all off his name is Jimmy too! There was no way to keep all the Jimmys straight. Every time you turned around you heard someone calling for Jimmy...there were 5 of them! It was a little hard to introduce myself to anyone because of this as well. "I'm Jimmy's wife who is Jim's son who is Jim's son," I would say. The funniest part of the whole day is when we realized half of them live in La Mirada! We had a fun day and are looking forward to the next one. When we got home Jimmy and I were trying to figure out who actually had the Flores name still. After another long family tree diagram and a few text messages to Shana we came to realize that Jimmy (clarification on the Jimmy - my husband!) and Ryan (Jimmy's cousin) are the only two to keep the name alive. Do I see a little Jimmy Flores running around in my future? It would be the 6th Jim! Oh boy! (I am not pregnant so don't you dare comment on this topic!)
The hair so runs in the Flores family! Looks like a fun day! I was thinking about naming my next kid "Jim" - what do you think?
ReplyDeleteThat whole recessive gene theory from biochemistry really makes sense when you look at Charlie next to Jayden. So cute!
ReplyDelete