Saturday, July 24, 2010
First 100 Words Book
Anyone who has a baby should buy this book. I loved it when Adelyn had it as a baby so I made sure to buy it for Charlie. It is a book with pages full of squares with pictures of objects and words labeling them. For example, it has a food page, animal page, a clothing item page, etc. A couple of weeks (probably months) ago she could point to a few pictures on each page when I asked her where a certain object was and she could even say a few of those words or sounds for an animal. Well, today she was bringing me book after book to read and then we came upon this one. I had not seen this book for a while. I thought to myself, "Oh, she will probably know a few more words." Boy, was I wrong! She blew me away! She almost named all the items on each page and there are 9 on each page. She just sat there on my lap and pointed to each picture saying the name or sound it makes. I didn't even need to prompt her. It was so cute. I could even see her little mind thinking as she would stop at a picture and then remember what it was called. She didn't know her fruits or vegetables (probably because she won't eat any of them) and she didn't know the names of baby actions (yawn, cry, laugh) - but do any babies 19 months old know that? When she pointed to the TV and the computer she said, "Dada" and laughed. I laughed too. She said, "Hello" for a phone and most of the animals were sounds they make not words. Her favorite animal right now is a monkey. It used to be an elephant. Before that it used to be a dog. Well, as the teacher that I am I now know what she needs to work on. She is very into pointing at things and telling you what they are (like you didn't know) so I'm sure she will find my teaching time some what enjoyable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment