There is Matlida.
Getting warmed up on Daddy's shoulder - We are having some weird July summer weather.
Jimmy!
Last year on the 4th Charlie got her first tooth...it was one rough day! This year was much better. We went to Nicole and Mike's to celebrate like we always do. Even though there wasn't a car race it was still fun. Charlotte had fun playing with Adelyn, Denise and Michael in the water table, jumper, roller coaster, sandbox and water fountain pool. By far her favorite was Matilda, the wiener dog. She chased her all over all night long. It was just her size. She also got to see two new babies. She wasn't too sure what to think of them. After she almost poked Zach in the eye we tried to stay away from them. In the sandbox she refused to keep her dress on. She only can stand a dress on for so long....that's why I bought her two outfits for the 4th. I knew she wouldn't want to keep the dress on all day. It just kept getting in the way. Finally, it was time for the fireworks. She wasn't too sure about them either. She liked the ones that sparkled and popped continuously and would clap and say, "More" when they were done. The ones that were loud and the ones in the air she wanted to be held and she would put her head on your shoulder while watching them. Even though she liked the fireworks she had more fun playing in our car that was parked in the driveway. I don't know why she likes playing in the car so much. It was a very successful day. Great food Mike! My dessert was super good too!
FYI - I attempt to make an American flag looking dessert every year. This year I was a little ambitious making a 4 layer dessert. Layer 1 was brownies, layer 2 was crumbled up Oreo cookies, layer 3 was the white creamy Kansas Dirt pie and the top layer had blueberries and raspberries. I was a little nervous but it came out so cute and tasted good too!
We loved your dessert...so much that I think we'll have a party just so that I can make it (or attempt to)!
ReplyDelete