Friday, July 2, 2010

Our Sandbox?!?

"Who did this?"




"Was it you Bandit?"


"Or was it you Smokey?"


After we shoveled most of the sand back in Charlotte wanted me to dig a hole so her feet would fit under the steering wheel so she could drive (or should I say sail?).

It was getting dark so we had to go inside and take a bath. (Charlotte has been needing one every day because she plays hard and gets dirty! She gets sand in all her 1,00 parts and more...)


It has been two days and Charlie still loves her sandbox. We went out in the yard today to play in it and this is what we found! Charlotte was upset that something would do this to her sandbox and kept pointing at all the sand everywhere. She also looked at the dogs and said, "Bad Dog!" I wonder which dog it was? So my investigation began...I tried to question them both but they would not confess. I thought it was Smokey because he is the one with the digging problem, but usually he goes and hides if he did something wrong. When he was a puppy he even dug up and chewed on the sprinkler piping under the grass in Big Jim's backyard. Sorry Big Jim. (FYI - Jimmy, his dad and grandpa all have the same first name so Nicole has named them Jimmy, Big Jim and Super Jim!) Well, I did not see any signs of remorse like I usually do with him so I was on to question his brother. Bandit has the jumping problem and not a digging problem, and is oblivious to doing any wrong. Bandit is the one who jumped on and broke our sliding glass door when I was pregnant. At least we got a nice new door because of it. After inspecting both dogs I found the most sand on Bandit's snout. I don't think this was a one man operation! I guess it will always be a mystery about who was the naughtiest one of all!
FYI - Jimmy will be getting a piece of wood to cover the sandbox with so this does not happen again. I guess the tarp was not enough!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - Alex and Evan are wondering where the little girl is supposed to play with all that sand in the boat! Pirates used to sail that boat you know so watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelyn can't wait to come over and sail away. Love that first pic of Charlotte in awe of what happened!

    ReplyDelete