Thursday, July 1, 2010

Building the Sandbox




Isn't he a handsome Smokey Dog!


She loves him sooooo much!



Alex and Evan have grown out of their sandbox so they handed it down to Charlotte. Everyone knows I gladly accept all hand me downs. Jimmy and Nicole say I have a "pack rat" problem. Jimmy even wants me to get rid of my fish tank stand Santa brought for me. No way...not ever! Our house has many things from the Aceytuno family. Charlotte has their crib, book case, dresser, a toddler bed (when she is ready), CD player, butterfly home, baby blankets and their slide from Gramma's to name a few things. Anyway, back to the sandbox. We all know Jimmy didn't want another thing in his beloved backyard. After explaining to him that we would have to buy a sandbox or accept a free one he gladly chose Option 2. Now he says he never didn't want the sandbox. Ya right...we all saw his face when I said, "Sure we would love to have it!" Jimmy had an easy time building the sandbox due to the blue numbered tape pieces Juan placed on all the pieces. Thanks Juan for the great organization. Charlotte and Smokey had no problem climbing right it and driving to YaYa's house. She thought it was the best boat ever. When Jimmy started pouring in the sand she screamed because she thought her daddy was ruining her boat. When she realized it was sand she started jumping up and down. Each time a bag went in she said, "Wow!" and shoveled it around. I guessed it would take 10 bags to fill it up and Jimmy thought 12. Of course, Jimmy fit 12 in because he had to win. Charlotte loves the sandbox and will probably play in it every day. Thanks Alex and Evan for sending it our way.
As I was blogging right now Charlie ran and hid from me. I couldn't find her anywhere until I heard a giggle. I finally found her snuggled up with Smokey on his bed. Now she is trying to put sunglasses and necklaces on him. Poor guy! I owe him a belly rub for this one!
FYI - There are no pictures of Bandit because he steers clear of where ever Charlie is. He rarely even sits still for me to take a picture of him. (I guess he and Charlie do have something in common!) Hopefully I can include him in some day!

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Juancy is an organizational genius when he wants to be - glad Jimmy could follow the blue tape road :). You and Charlotte look good in that boat - I'm with you on the reuse,reduce,recycle philosophy!

    ReplyDelete