Friday, December 3, 2010

Introducing Hoppy!

We finally got to use one of the 50 Ultimate Bug Jars that we own to catch a real live bug. Now you ask why we own 50 bug jars...I ordered 50 bug jars from a website for Charlie's bug half birthday party in June. Back in May they emailed me saying they only had 7 and they sent me the 7. I cancelled the other 43 and ordered enough bug jars from other websites for the party. Well, in August what shows up on my porch? 5o bugs jars (43 that were on back order and the 7 they already sent me again.) Jimmy wanted to throw them away but of course I would not let him! I told him I might need them some day...he says I am a hoarder:(
Well, the day had come when I got to use one of them. Jimmy and I were talking in the kitchen when all of a sudden Charlie kept saying (over and over) "Look, Bug" and was pointing at it. There it was huddled in the corner of our kitchen probably scared to death. We picked it up and put it in the bug jar. Charlie and I named it Hoppy because it was a very hoppy cricket.
She carried it all around for two days. When she woke up in the morning she ran right to it to look if Hoppy was still in there. After two days Hoppy wasn't too hoppy (or happy) anymore so we finally let him go in the backyard and hopefully it hopped back to its family. Thanks Hoppy for all the joy you gave Charlie for 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment