Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mega Pumpkin Carving

Does this really surprise you? Of course Jimmy would use one of his beloved tools to open his mega pumpkin! I think Charlie is looking at him like he is a little crazy!











Daddy, you want me to get in there?


Ok, I will stand but I WILL NOT sit!


We are going to try to grow our own huge pumpkins next year...do you see the size of these seeds? Wow!


Jimmy had to get Charlie the biggest pumpkin ever this year!

It is a tradition that Jimmy's friend Eric goes to LA in the middle of the night every year to meet the produce guy who brings the 100 pound pumpkins in. This year since Charlie is a little older now he asked Jimmy if he would like to be in on the pumpkin getting as well. Of course Jimmy wanted one! So now I'm sure every year we will be getting a great big pumpkin for our porch. Jimmy's plan was to carve open the pumpkin and have Charlie sit inside it....we will have to see about that!
Since Jimmy works this weekend we carved our pumpkins a little early. Charlie thought it was a little gross at first. She would say eeeeewwwww! But after awhile she stuck her hand in the pumpkin with Jimmy to get the goop out. She really liked picking up the goop from the ground with the spoon...she thought spoons were only for yogurt because she kept saying "Yogurt!" I guess I should let her use a spoon for another food product!

At night Jimmy lit the pumpkins and she thought it was really neat. At first she saw Daddy with the candle and started singing happy birthday and wanted ice cream. It was funny! She has such a one track mind...ice cream, ice cream, ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment