Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 2nd Dada's Day!







Last year Jimmy worked on Father's Day and this year too! When we went to visit him last year Charlotte was sound asleep the entire time, but not this year. Jimmy showed her the lights on the fire engine and gave her lots of kisses and hugs. Every year I make Jimmy a stepping stone with Charlie's footprints on it. (Well, he only has one so far!) I thought it would be great when she is like 18 because then he will have a whole path with her footprints getting bigger and bigger. We also got him a child safety seat for his bike so we can go on bike rides. So far she screams when I try to put the helmet on her. I will keep you updated if we can get her to sit in the seat with a helmet on and strapped in so we can actually go somewhere! (She isn't a fan of being confined in any way!) Wish me luck...it sounded like such a great idea until you try to get the kid in it! We love you so much dada. We are so thankful to have you in our lives. You are an amazing father.
Dear Dada,
I love you so much. I love it when you take care of me all day when Mama is at work. I love it when you take me to see the animals at the pet store, when you take me to the park and I get to ride on the big kid swing (that my Mama won't let me ride) and I love it when you take me out to lunch with your friends. I love the way I fall asleep on you watching Yo Gabba Gabba. I love it when you feed me turkey out of your sandwich and all the M & Ms out of your trail mix. I love it when you hold me while you mow the lawn, let me help you wash the dogs, help me learn how to slide all by myself and pull me around the block in my wagon. I love how you dress me in outfits that you think match and I love how you try to give me ponytails. I love how you read books to me and teach me animal sounds. I love when you tickle me and I love when you talk to me on the phone when you are at work. I love that you are my daddy! I love you. I love you. I love you.
XOXOXOX,
Charlie
We also went to Great Grampa and Great Gramma's house to celebrate Father's Day. Charlie and Adelyn thought it was soooo funny to play with their cup of coasters. They were giggling and giggling. Charlotte has really taking a liking to Grandpa (my dad) and she is always so excited to see him. Thanks dad for being such a great dad to me and Grandpa to Charlie. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea with the stepping stones! Jimmy sounds like a wonderful dad...Charoltte is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete