Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An American Girl Day















Charlie borrowed this doll from the Cafe and she loved giving it kisses!



She was so tired she really wanted to sleep on the bench inside the store.






We went to the American Girl Store and Cafe today for Cassie's 10th Birthday. It was an experience for Charlotte. First, I had her open her present from Ginny from her half birthday. She made her a little American Girl book with money inside to buy a doll. She is realizing that money is meaningful lately because she sees me give it to people at the store and she saw me yell at the dogs when they snatched it out of my bag and they were licking it. (I sure hope I don't see any bills in their poop!) Anyway, at lunch Charlotte sat in her high chair for about 10 minutes. She was tired so she was a little restless...ok, a lot restless! I don't know why she was tired but she was. I thought she might take a nap on the way but Great Gramma kept on talking and talking and Charlotte didn't want to miss out I guess. After lunch it was time to see Cassie pick out her items and for the girls to find their very first American Girl doll. Ginny advised us we should get Itty Bitty Twins so Adelyn and Charlotte could each have one. Adelyn picked out the blond hair blue eyed one and I picked out the brown hair brown eyed one for Charlie. They don't make a brown hair blue eyed Itty Bitty...I don't know why not! Adelyn was not leaving the store without her own stroller with her own doll in it. Charlotte loved dragging the wagon around until she wanted the stroller that Adelyn had. Charlie is having a problem with hitting if she doesn't get what she wants right away. She is also learning to share but it is also a very difficult task! Anyway, she already has 3 strollers at home and loved the wagon before the stroller so I got her the wagon. At first she just wanted Adelyn's but when we left the store and started walking the car without Adelyn and her stroller she LOVED her wagon. As we were driving away she fed her new Itty Bitty baby doll with an Itty Bitty bottle and then fell asleep even before we left the parking structure. What an exhausting and exciting day! Happy birthday Cassie. Thanks for inviting us and thank you Ginny for her first American Girl baby doll. I know she will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment