Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy 1 Year and 1/2 Birthday to You





Even Grandpa went in the jumper!

She clapped when we sang to her.

She would only eat it with her mouth. She has been watching her doggies eat I guess!




Yes, we celebrated Charlotte's half birthday. Charlotte was born two days before Christmas so we decided to celebrate her half birthdays instead. I hope she will find this a good thing when she is older. Christmas is a time for Christmas...not birthdays! No one should have to share their birthday with Christmas. You shouldn't even be allowed to be born in December. Anyway, we had an amazing party for Charlie at our house. It was bug themed because we call her "Charlie bug" and she likes bugs, dirt, etc. We had 2 jumpers, 2 butterfly crafts, coloring books, the water table, a variety of insect books, a snow cone machine, L & L Hawaiian BBQ, Emily's cute cupcakes, an enormous fruit salad and a bug hunt to top it all off. The bug hunt was the best part...Grandma, Nicole, Adelyn and I hid 800 squishy plastic bugs in the planters in the morning. Adelyn did not want them on her but didn't mind hiding them. Each child got a bug jar and a magnify glass to hunt for bugs with. It was the cutest thing in the world watching the kids hunt for bugs with the magnify glasses. I'm sure I will find bugs in my yard for the rest of our lives but it was well worth all the work. Charlie truly loves all the presents she received. She wanted me to open all the boxes and she has played with everything. By far, the yellow Belle plastic princess shoes are her favorite as she has to wear them 24 hours a day (even to sleep and eat breakfast). Thank you so much for celebrating her half birthday with us and thank you for all the wonderful presents.
P.S. Jimmy wants to know if I'm planning on throwing a party like that every year for her! I said, "No it will be a different theme every time!" Ha Ha!
Things I would change for next year...do Charlie's hair cuter and use a different company to rent tables, chair and a jumper! I will spare you my story about the awful company I decided to use...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Charlotte! We had so much fun celebrating with you! And please thank your mom & dad for the bug jars...we have used them EVERY SINGLE DAY since your party! =)
    Love, the Viramontes girls

    ReplyDelete