Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving/Paci Update

We successfully got rid of the paci with no trouble at all. It was amazing! Giving it to a baby was the best idea because she totally understood where it went and why. For a couple of nights she would lay in her crib and cry that Baby Tanner has her paci but other than that she was cured. Even with her paci she would sometimes cry before going to sleep so it was nothing new. I can't believe it was that easy. I guess you either have to get rid of it when they are still babies or when they are so old they understand. (I tried to take it away at 12 months old and she started hyperventilating she was crying so hard. It was so sad.) I definitely feel a sense of relief now...I don't have to hide it from the doctor, I don't have to worry about not having one when we are out, I don't have to glare at strangers who give me that "You're kid is way to old for a paci LOOK" and I don't have to go on any more paci hunts! I feel so freeeeee!



Charlie was sick and very grumpy on Thanksgiving so we don't have any pictures of her. Even though she was a bit grumpy we still had a very nice Thanksgiving.



These are the 2 things I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving...

*My family - I have the most wonderful little girl who melts my heart everyday and I have the most wonderful husband who makes me smile and feel so loved. I also have 2 awesome dogs who brighten every day as well with their goofy ways.

*My job - I have the most amazing class of first graders who love to learn. I drive to work every day with a smile on my face excited to teach them to read and I leave work every day wondering how I got this lucky!


I'm sure these would be the 2 most thankful things Charlie would be thankful for this Thanksgiving if she could tell me...

*The rain - She LOVES her princess umbrella and rain boots!

*Smokey and the Bandit - She sits on them, rides them, puts chapstick on them, tells them to go away (just like I do), hugs them, kisses them, snuggles with them, takes naps on their bed with them, etc. The girl loves her dogs so much!


I'm sure these would be the 2 most thankful things Jimmy would be thankful for this Thanksgiving if he blogged...

*Fantasy Football - Jimmy has turned into a jock! He loves his fantasy football team, roots for his players by yelling at the tv and has had a lot of luck on his side!

*Charlie - He loves that Charlie has become such a daddy's girl because they spend so much time together while I am working hard! She has turned him into her real life prince!

P.S. I'm sure he is thankful for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment