Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bye Bye Paci!

Today was the day to ditch the paci! For weeks now we have been discussing with Charlie that pacis are for babies and she is a big girl. Our friends who live in Long Beach just had a baby so we decided Charlie could give them to the new baby. We let Charlie have one more nice long nap with her paci and when she woke up she put them all in a baggie for the baby. She carried around the baggie saying "Baby Tanner, pacis, night night" meaning Baby Tanner needs the pacis so she can go to sleep. We weren't sure how it was going to go but we were committed.

She walked into their house, walked right up to Tanner and gave her the baggie of pacis. Then she went to find Taylor, who is 2, to play with. After playing for a few hours and watching Tanner suck on her paci, we gave Tanner and Taylor some hugs and said goodbye. On the way home Charlie asked for her paci a couple of times, but we explained to her that she gave them to Tanner. The look on her face was very funny...a look of confusion! When we got home it was time for bed. Charlie asked for it one time while in her crib. After explaining again that she gave them to Tanner she said, "Yea!" Then she cried "Mama" on and off for 45 minutes while she was playing with Ariel, looking at her new princess blanket, reading a dog and bunny book and playing with her feet in her crib. I was watching her in the video monitor. Love that thing! I don't want to jinx myself but tonight went very well. I guess I was prepared for the worst! Stay tuned for tomorrow at nap time!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that makes me so sad! I made the "BaBa Fairy" come and take our BaBa's away...I couldn't bare to do it myself! I hope it goes smoothly for you guys!

    ReplyDelete