Saturday, February 20, 2010

We Are Bloggers!

One day old in the hospital - Charlotte already had enough hair to hold a bow!
Charlotte was our "Special Delivery" right before Christmas. We came home on Christmas Eve with her. She came just in time for Santa to come!

The little stuffed zebra came with love from Grandpa in the hospital. It matched Charlie's jungle themed room.

Charlotte did a lot of sleeping, eating and pooping those first few weeks. She started sleeping through the night at 7 1/2 weeks old. That all changed when she got her first tooth at 6 months old!

It took Charlie five months to roll over because I never put her down. I would hold her for hours and hours at a time.

Why is this picture sideways? Uncle Kevin and Auntie Katie got married. Adelyn made the cutest flower girl and Charlotte made the cutest baby at the wedding.

Charlotte enjoyed her first swimming experience with Grandpa. She liked to take floating naps around the pool all summer long. I think she gets that from Grandpa!

Another sideways one...Jimmy and I liked taking Charlie to the beach. Jimmy would bodyboard and we would watch him from the shore. One day we even saw a family of dolphins swim by.

Grandma, Auntie Nicole, and I liked taking Charlie and Adelyn to Sea World on the train. What an adventure it was!

Charlotte got her first tooth on Fourth of July. What a rough night that was!

We visited Daddy and his firetruck often. Most times she fell asleep in the car right before we got there.

We spent a lot of time in Grandma and Grandpa's pool.

Daddy loves this picture.

Charlotte had a great time at the river all summer. She especially liked to eat Otter Pops and take naps in the tent that Auntie Nicole brought. When Charlotte wasn't taking a nap in it, we would always find Smokey in there snoozing away!

Charlotte didn't really care for the life vest. I don't blame her.

Charlotte learned to do many things at the river this summer. One thing she did best was play in (or eat) the sand and splash in the water.

This swing in the backyard has gotten a lot of use!

Charlotte made the perfect bumblebee for Halloween. Round and chubby!

One day Charlotte discovered the dogs' water bowl. Now it is her favorite outside activity!

I love to put piggy tails in her hair.


Today Charlotte is 1 year, 1 month and 29 days old. I have finally given in to Nicole's constant harassment to start a blog...so here today I begin the blogging adventure! Wish me luck!

On Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008 Jimmy and I welcomed our little girl Charlotte Irene into the world. She was born at 8:23 pm, was 21 1/2 inches long and weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces. She has filled our lives with lots of joy and fun moments. It is the best feeling in the world to watch my daughter grow up and watch my husband transform into the most amazing father. Charlotte has accomplished many milestones in her life already. She learned to smile at 1 month, laugh at 1 1/2 months, sit up at 5 months, roll over at 5 1/2 months, crawl and stand at 7 1/2 months, cruise at 8 1/2 months, walk at 9 1/2 months and talk at 10 1/2 months old. Her first word was "do" for dog. Now she has about 14 words so far. To this day, she still wakes up every morning and says "dog" while pointing to her two fur brothers, Smokey and the Bandit. She loves her dogs. She has many other interests as well. She has a great love for balls, books, dinosaurs, Adelyn, Auntie Darlene, stuffed animals, cars she can ride in or on, bouncing in her crib, playing Patty Cake, hiding in her closet, eating yogurt, cheese and chicken and being outside. Of course, anyone who knows Charlie they would know her most favorite thing in the whole world is her PACIFIER. Yes, one day we will have to give it to the paci fairy! It will be a very sad day!

Charlie has grown up so fast. I can't believe how fast the time goes by...

6 comments:

  1. The blog looks great. I like that I can now see what my family is doing on the days I have to work. Your a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I bugged you about created a blog! I'm telling you, Adelyn and I look at my blog everyday. It's so much fun! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! I'm so excited to read you blog! Thanks for coming to visit. It made our day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Finally a place where we can come and look at pictures of your beautiful Charlotte!!! =) Ya know, Sophie named her Belle doll Charlotte...named after your little one! I hope she can come and play with us some more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging Lori! Charlotte is beautiful and you are such a good mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, Charlotte in the dog bowl is my favorite of all of these!

    ReplyDelete