Never...I mean never take a small child to a college graduation! It was pure misery! Jimmy graduated from CSU Long Beach this year. We are so proud of him. I don't really know what I was thinking taking a 1 year old along to watch him walk and receive his diploma. First of all, I had to include the enormous tree a spectator brought to the ceremony that happened to be right in front of us. Weird! Anyway, after about 20 minutes Charlie was DONE. I bought her a $5 balloon (my first and last donation to CSULB), Papa Jim bought her a icy lemonade (who knows how much that cost) and she played with every toy I brought for her. So after about another 20 minutes we took a walk around the campus area. By this time the graduates had walked in. I guess at the entrance shredded paper confetti was thrown because there were barrels of it all over the grass. The grounds keepers were raking it up into garbage cans. Every kid seemed to know it was there because they were all playing in it like it was snow. By the time I went back (with my screaming kid) to get the camera most of it was picked up. At one point the kids were taking it out of the cans as the men were putting it in. They finally gave up and watched the kids have the time of their lives! The next two hours consisted of playing in the confetti, meeting Charlie's twin, screaming, not wanting shoes on (weird, I know), trying to climb up stairs (I kept telling her no), screaming, almost stealing someone's taco, screaming...Needless to say, I missed Jimmy's name being called but did manage getting a picture of him walking back to his seat. Within minutes after his name being called she fell asleep! I'm so glad Jimmy accomplished his goal to graduate from college. All his hard work has paid off. We are so proud of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think college graduations are miserable for everyone involved! Congrats, Jimmy!!! =)
ReplyDeleteAnd wow, I totally thought that little girl WAS Charlotte, until I looked a little closer!
I was looking for my tree....that's where I left it - right in the middle of the audience blocking the views of all the people behind it. Great job Jimmy!
ReplyDelete