Friday, June 17, 2011

Our Plans for the Summer

As a kid I always had the best summers. (THANKS MOM!) My mom would take us everywhere and do everything with us. I want Charlie to think summers are the best just like I used to think they were when I was little. I came along this article titled Savor the Last Drops of Summer in a magazine I was reading and found a list all the things I LOVED to do as a kid in it. So this summer (and every summer) I will be trying to accomplish as many as I can.


So here it is...All the things I plan to do with Charlie this summer:


Be one with nature
Get lost in an adventure

Hold my breath under water and smile

Build a sand castle

Learn to do a cartwheel

Pick wild flowers

Do the hula

Pet a caterpillar

Go on a scavenger hunt

Build something

Eat ice cream sandwiches

Float away

Catch a sunset

Swing the day away

Watch the waves roll in

Take the plunge

Connect with a creature

Taste something sweet

Feel the sand in your toes

Make like a bird

Visit the seashore

Ride a bike

Sleep in a tent

Listen for the ocean in a seashell

Have a picnic

Pick berries

Ride in a hammock

Plant a garden

Fly a kite

Blow dandelions

Catch fireflies
Run through a sprinkler

Play in the rain

Watch fireworks

Take in a baseball game

Throw a frisbee

Chalk up the sidewalk

Roast marshmallows

Jump off a diving board

Go on a hike

Make a fort

Find a rainbow

Stargaze

Play your heart out

Have a water balloon fight

Look for cloud formations

Take a nap on the lawn

Search for sea glass

Skip rocks

Play hide and seek

Dig for worms

Smell the flowers

Set up a lemonade stand

Go fishing

Put on a play

Cozy up to a fire

Run barefoot

Goof off in the park

Make mud pies

Blow bubbles


We'll see how many I get to before September gets here! Maybe I can capture each moment with a photo and make them into a digital book...that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment